# 81 in our Waikiki map.
Hotel Name: .... Park Shore Hotel.
Category:.......... (warning about star ratings!)
Address: ......... 2586 Kalakaua Ave.
What we like about this hotel:
What you may not like about this hotel:
RESORT FEE ALERT
Please call Discount Hotels Hawaii at (808) 394-2112
for the best deal for a Waikiki Hotel of similar quality.
General description:............................(Back to top)
- The park Shore Hotel was originally built in 1968, it is 14 floors high and has over 220 rooms in it's inventory, located at the very end of Waikiki, this "T" shaped building sits on the corner of Kalakaua and Kapahulu, across the street from the Honolulu Zoo.
The common areas are adequate in size with a ground level lobby with a front desk and a 3rd floor swimming pool with a large sun deck. It has food facilities within the property but is also walking distance to several restaurants and bars in the same area.
Like all Aqua Hotels, this hotel is a gay friendly facility that welcomes gay men, lesbian, bisexual, trans gender and straight and is also a member of the IGLTA (International Gay and Lesbian Travel association)
Due to the close proximity to the Gay Bar and Restaurant Hula's, the Park Shore Hotel along with the Waikiki Grand and Queen Kapiolani Hotels are slowly becoming a very lively and popular Gay hub.
This hotel is number "81" within the yellow zone of our Waikiki map, click here to see it's location in relation to other hotels in Waikiki.
What we like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- There are only 7 hotels on Kalakaua, across the street from the beach and this hotel sits on the best lot, fronting both Kalakaua and one of the largest parks in Honolulu.
- This property is close to the Kapiolani Park, the Honolulu Zoo and the Waikiki "Shell" and still walking distance to the International Market Place and what is considered the center of Waikiki. There is a percentage of people that seek this side of Waikiki and the proximity to the Kapiolani park because is regarded as less noisy (there is no such a thing as a "quiet" hotel in Waikiki) and they like the open spaces that the park, the Waikiki Shell and the Honolulu Zoo offer.
- All ocean view and ocean front rooms have been refreshed in 2009 with flat screen TV's, new carpets, bed covers and curtains.
- The ocean views from this hotel are completely unobstructed, specially if you stay in one of the ocean front view rooms.
- This hotel has one of the few pools and sun decks that have sun from the morning and into the middle of the afternoon.
What you may not like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- This hotel has a mandatory extra daily "Hospitality fee", that is not included in your room total until you check out. These fees, also known as "resort fees" or "amenities fees", are being charged in several area hotels and range from $10 to $40 extra per day.
- Standard rooms have no view and that is expected, what you do not expect is to have the building next door so close that it seems that you can touch it. This hotel is good for it's Ocean View and Ocean Front view rooms if you do not need a view you should be looking for a Hotel further inland and save your money.
- This hotel has a few rooms of what they call Partial Ocean Views. The problem is that Partial Ocean View rooms also were built in such a way that they have a balcony from another room looking right into yours (picture) so again, in this hotel book Ocean View or Ocean Front view.
- For some, the distance to the International Market Place is too much even though is only 12 minutes away walking.
- Like most hotels in Waikiki, parking is charged extra even for hotel guests, if you decide to stay in this hotel you may want to reconsider renting a car since parking is expensive and very limited, the bright side of this is that the hotel provides valet parking included in the parking fee.
- For some particular reason vagrants tend to congregate on this corner.
- Based on your particular needs and the objective of your trip, this hotel may have other pros and cons that you should consider, call us at (808) 394-2112 for more information.050514
IMPORTANT NOTE:............................(Back to top)
Please keep in mind that ALL Hotels have shortcomings, the trick is to find a hotel which shortcomings you do not mind.
This hotel may or may not be the best option for it's category considering your particular situation and the days that you plan to visit our islands.
Call (808) 394-2112 to talk to one of our agents and he or she will be able to find for you the best option based on your needs.