# 9 in our Waikiki map.
Hotel Name: .... Hawaiian Monarch Hotel and condo.
Category:......... Budget (below 1 star). (warning about star ratings!)
Address: ......... 444 Niu St.
What we like about this hotel:
What you may not like about this hotel:
Please call Discount Hotels Hawaii at (808) 394-2112
for the best deal for a Waikiki Hotel of similar quality.
General description:............................(Back to top)
- The Hawaiian Monarch Hotel and condos is located at 444 Niu Street between Ala Wai Boulevard and Kalakaua Avenue in Honolulu, Hawaii. Built just over the McCully bridge on the Waikiki side, it is within walking distance to the Convention Center and the Ala Moana Shopping Center.
The building is a 44-story multi-use project comprised of 439 units. The building was completed in 1979. These units include residential condominium apartments, hotel units, shops and a parking structure.
Amenities include a swimming pool and large sun deck.
The first six floors include a parking garage, check-in lobby, elevator lobbies, commercial units, offices and laundry facilities. Operation of the elevators is strictly limited to those with a security card. There are some street parking areas walking distance to this hotel but be advised that spots are hard to find especially after 6 p.m.
This hotel is number "9" within the green zone of our waikiki map, click here to see it's location in relation to other hotels in Waikiki.
What we like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- It is in very close proximity to the Honolulu Convention Center which makes it a good choice for travelers attending events there.
- It is also within walking distance to the Ala Moana Shopping Center, which makes it a good choice for those shopping oriented visitors since the Ala Moana Shopping Center is the largest one in the State of Hawaii.
- Has very easy access in and out of Waikiki which makes it a good choice for people coming for work that do not need to be "in the middle" of Waikiki .
What you may not like about this hotel:............................(Back to top)
- This building is WAY too far from the beach for most visitors, in fact is too far from everything that visitors look for unless you are attending a conference at the convention center.
- The units are one of the smallest in all Waikiki (most are less than 240 sqf including the bathroom), majority of rooms have hardly enough space for 2 twin beds or one Queen bed.
- None of the units have any balconies, they have windows but because of liability concerns, they only open a few inches.
- Most of the units have not seen a renovation for quite some time other than cosmetic such as bed spreads, curtains or carpets, the hotel was closed as such for a few years.
- It is normally posted fairly inexpensive but for a few dollars more you can get a lot more hotel and in a better location.
- Based on your particular needs and the objective of your trip, this hotel may have other pros and cons that you should consider, call us at (808) 394-2112 for more information.051211
IMPORTANT NOTE:............................(Back to top)
Please keep in mind that ALL Hotels have shortcomings, the trick is to find a hotel which shortcomings you do not mind.
This hotel may or may not be the best option for it's category considering your particular situation and the days that you plan to visit our islands.
Call (808) 394-2112 to talk to one of our agents and he or she will be able to find for you the best option based on your needs.